Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My garden is blooming!

I am not the best gardener and flowers are definitely not my specialty in photography, but I had to get some pictures of my first blooms in my very own garden. I have never actually grown my own garden so this is really exciting for me. I bought the bulbs in Amsterdam during our last visit and they are fall bloom flowers. Sure enough, these babies are starting to grow and bloom, I can't believe it.

I'm have no idea what kind of flower this one is, but I almost thought it was a weed until I saw the buds.

85mm
Exp. 1/200
f/4
ISO 640
I have always loved eggplant calla lilies so I thought I would give it a shot and try to grow some. I was so excited to see that one of my first flowers was a beautiful dark purple calla. My poor photography does not do this flower justice, it is gorgeous.

60mm
Exp. 1/50
f/5.6
ISO 640

No comments: